This becomes a major headache for most business owners.
Can I afford what my employees need?
Can I afford to cover each one of them?
Can I afford the premiums the plan offers?
These are all questions that run through an employer’s mind. To alleviate some of this stress we have a few simple tips on choosing the best business health insurance plans in San Francisco.
1) Shop under the Marketplace Insurance plans. These are offered in options such as Bronze, Gold, Silver and Platinum. These plans will cover between 60-90% of the costs. The rest is up to you and your employee. These plans are some of the better ones being offered.
2) You can choose either a single plan or a group rate for your employees. You can still get the Silver plan under the covered California insurance plans, but you will have more options. Now both the single option and group rates have their own pros and cons. It is up to your own discretion. Once you lock into either the group or single package then stick with it for everyone.
3) You may want to consider a Wellness Program as part of your business healthcare plan. Emergencies are bound to come up at some point. Locking into this sort of thing in now will go a long way to reducing your costs later. There are many options for a Wellness Program. Choose wisely with this. Make sure it matches the benefits your employees will get with the other health insurance plan you have. It does not make sense to pay a higher premium for one and a lower one for another.
4) You have to know the difference between PPO, HMO, and EPO. These plans exist in the business health insurance plans too. The HMO plan is going to lower your costs and lower your options at the same time. A PPO plan will raise your premiums and give you more options at the same time. You will not need a referral with this one. The EPO plan is a hybrid plan. You can click here to find out more about this option.
5) You need to be mindful of your employees. Some of them may not be as rich as the others. Some of them may not be able to afford an expensive plan. This is not about you and you trying to save money, this is about them.
You can find out more on covered California insurance plans at this site. Claimsplusinsurance.com